So I stumbled across another small yet informative Digital Marketing Trends & Predictions for 2014 infographic from Position2. Some great insights here that you need to be aware of and get a handle on. Of particular note is mobile and content marketing trends.
In summary then: Mobile gets hotter. Visual content gains more traction. Email marketing goes social. Marketers embrace automation. Social media continues to rock.
- In 2014, 35% of all search engine traffic will be from mobile devices.
- Mobile Search Advertising is expected to grow by 76% this year.
- Mobile banner advertising is expected to grow by 100%
- 40% of mobile marketers are planning on developing a mobile app in 2014.
Content Marketing Trends
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
- 78% of CMO’s think that custom content is the future of marketing.
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content – photos and videos – saw a 65% increase in engagement.
Email Marketing Trends
- Social sharing buttons in email increases CTR by 158%
- 47% of B2B marketers plan to increase their email marketing spend in 2014.
- 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based marketing communication through email.
- Email with social sharing will boost CTR by more than 150%
Marketing Automation Trends
- 63% of companies that are outgrowing their competitors use integrated marketing automation.
- 78% of high-performing marketers indicate that marketing automation systems are more responsible for improving revenue contribution.
- Most frequently used metrics to measure ROI in marketing automation are response metrics.
- The main benefit marketers want from marketing automation are better leads.
Social Media Trends
- 33% of consumers cite social networks as a way they discover new brands, products, or services.
- 100% of business decision-makers use social media for work purposes.
- 52% of enterprise brands say social media is the top driver for relationship building.
- 79% of marketers have integrated social media into their traditional marketing activities.
We have a variety of service plans available for all business sectors. Get in touch for a chat.